This means that we:
- process your personal data according to the purpose they were supplied for. These purposes and the types of personal data are described in this Privacy Statement;
- only process those data that are minimally necessary for the stated purposes;
- ask for your explicit permission for the processing of your personal data, if required;
- took appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to guarantee the security of your personal data ;
- do not disclose personal data to other parties, unless this is required for the execution of the purposes for which they were provided;
- are aware of your rights regarding your personal data, want to point them out to you and respect them.
OVSG/OVSG plus, Bischoffsheimlaan 1-8, 1000 Brussel, email@example.com
2 Why do we process personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes::
- membership registration;
- to be able to interact with the platform;
- to be able to personalise the mix content;
- to map personal professionalisation;
- to send newsletters and invitations;
- to send follow-up emails;
- for network communication.
The legal basis for these processing operations is either an agreement, a permit, or a legal or regulatory provision (e.g. non-profit association regulations…).
For the purposes mentioned above, we may request the following personal details and process them further:
- personal identity information: name, first name;
- contact details: e-mail, employment;
- personal characteristics: date of birth, gender, professional experience, didactic interests and educational knowledge.
We only use the obtained information for the stated purposes. If, in the nature of the services, personal data is passed on from staff members or the school population and relatives of the member, the member himself is responsible for the legality of this processing.
3 Disclosure to third parties
We may disclose the data you provide to third parties if necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes described above.
For example, we use a third party for:
- developing and maintaining the site (COPIXA)
- providing of the Internet environment (Combell);
- providing and distributing newsletters, publications and invitations (Mailchimp).
- Carrying out surveys (LimeSurvey).
We only disclose personal data to third parties with whom we have concluded a processor’s agreement.
With these third parties (processors) we naturally make the necessary arrangements to guarantee the security of your personal data.
Furthermore, we will not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless required by law or if you gave permission to do so.
You have the right to withdraw this permission, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing before you withdrew it.
We do not disclose personal data to parties based outside the EU unless the transfer is subject to an adequacy decision, an adequate level of protection or a specific derogation.
4 Retention period
We do not store personal data any longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or any longer than required by law.
- personal identity information: for the duration of the use of the web tool (login on the platform) or as long as required;
- contact details: for the duration of the use of the web tool (login on the platform) or as long as required;
- personal data: for the duration of the mix project.
5 Data security
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from any unlawful processing.
- All persons who may learn about your data on our behalf are bound to secrecy.
- We use a username and password policy on all our systems.
- We pseudonymise and encrypt personal data when necessary.
- We protect our systems against malware.
- We make back-ups of personal data to be able to restore them in case of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
- Our employees are informed about the importance of protecting personal data.
6 Your data, your rights
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete (if possible) the personal data we received from you.
You can also object to the processing of your personal data (or part thereof) by OVSG/mix Music Education Platform or one of our processors, unless the processing is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract or when the processing is imposed by a legal or regulatory obligation.
You also have the right to transfer the provided data to yourself or on your behalf directly to another party.
We may ask you to identify yourself before responding to these requests, to avoid that your data ends up with the wrong person or party.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us directly.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Flemish Monitoring Board. This is the supervisory authority for privacy protection.
After each amendment, the date on which this document was last updated will also be indicated.